Epsilon Systems Solutions
KAB Laboratories, Inc. (http://kablab.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Epsilon Systems Solutions, focused on software development and systems engineering for complex defense intelligence and combat systems is seeking a Systems Engineer II for our San Diego, CA office. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment read on!
The Systems Engineer II will be an integral part of this elite, highly-visible team, contributing to the requirements development and management for the GPS-based Position, Navigation and Timing Service (GPNTS) Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Facilitate cross-team communication as well as daily interaction with the customer
* Development/updating of Plans of Action & Milestones
* Assist with the development/updating of requirements
* Develop shall statements and follows those statements through the engineering process
* Works with software and hardware teams to translate shall statements into testable requirements
* Develops test plans and use cases utilizing existing models or develops own modeling tools (C++, MATLAB)
* Develops and documents technical documentation utilizing DOORS
* Develops system architecture and system design documentation
* Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
* Contributes to the technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include network analysis, functional allocation, systems requirements reviews, interface standards and system architectures
* Contributes to the design and execution of unit, system and operational test and evaluation
* Analyzes system requirements and supports design and development activities
* Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers and senior executives
* Collaborate with software developers and lab sites to help resolve issues; establish relationships to facilitate knowledge sharing
* Assist with the creation, modification and updating of reports for the customer
* Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline or industrial design
* Five (5) years of experience working in a software development environment, in a software-centric operating environment, executing System Engineering efforts
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
* Knowledge of requirements tools such as DOORS
* System Architecture and system design documentation
* Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor
* Excellent leadership, teaming, organization skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Masters degree in an engineering discipline or industrial design.
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
* Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, standing, and walking.
* Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.
KAB Laboratories and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
About Epsilon Systems Solutions
Epsilon Systems Solutions is a provider of life cycle support to defense systems.