L3 SSG has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer II to join our talented engineering organization. The scope of the position involves the development of requirements for multi-segment (hardware/software/ground) space-based electro-optical systems and sub-assemblies including optical sensors, motion control technologies, infrared and spectral imaging systems, surveillance and reconnaissance systems, high power laser systems, laser communication systems.
Understand all levels of requirements including direct customer negotiation and flow-downs. Experience working with I&T engineering to develop verification and validation requirements is required. The Systems Engineer will development and own detailed CDRL's (CONOPS, Initialization, etc) and SDRL's. The ideal candidate will have a strong, multi-discipline technical background and will work directly with internal technical IPT's developing requirements and associated documentation working with customers and associated sub-contractors.
* BS in an Engineering discipline, MS preferred.
* 2 or more years of experience in developing EO and/or motion control systems.
* Experience in system level development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for complex systems.
* Experience in the development of requirements documentation for complex systems
* Experience with Verification and Validation requirements.
* Experience with high reliability space flight programs and radiation-hardened environments is desired.
* Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
* Experience generating requirements using Model-Based Systems Engineering and/or DOORS is preferred.
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management, customers, and sub-contractors.
* Existing TS/SCI (SSBI) security clearance or the ability to satisfy requirements for a TS/SCI (SSBI). Current, active clearance preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
U.S. Citizen status is required.
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade T01 or T02 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L3 SSG specializes in the development, manufacturing and qualification of remote E-O sensing payloads, instruments and major sub-systems primarily for space as well as unique airborne applications. Space mission areas include major science investigation, situational awareness, launch detection and weather analysis. Primary markets served include NASA, DoD, intelligence communities and commercial space. Primary airborne contributions include hyperspectral payloads for specialized overseas missions and critical line-of-sight control sub-systems for targeting systems.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.