Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA, is seeking an experienced systems engineer to join our team developing next generation air traffic systems. Raytheon's Air Traffic Systems (ATS) sub-mission area is a world leader in air traffic automation, surveillance and navigation, responsible for providing air traffic tools to air navigation service providers (ANSPs) around the world.
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions -backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise- is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA is seeking an experienced systems engineer to join our team developing the next generation air traffic control and weather systems for civil and military customers around the world. The systems engineering responsibilities span from requirements definition through the entire product lifecycle, including systems integration and test.
This position is for a Systems Engineer who will perform system and subsystem requirements development, system level design, and support to software development, integration and test. Regular duties may include but are not limited to:
* participating in requirements and design discussions and reviews
* producing requirements artifacts
* characterizing system performance
* coordinating with internal stakeholders, and
* communicating with customers
Additionally, this candidate will leverage their experience to develop enhancements for Air Traffic Control systems. Experience or knowledge of en-route and/or terminal control systems, such as ARTS/CARTS, STARS, ERAM,SWIM, ITWS or ASDE is a plus, as is familiarity with customer communities, standards and future initiatives, such as: Euro control, ICAO, Single European Sky, Next-Gen ATMS and Weather Systems, and trajectory and flow management.
This position requires interaction with internal and external customers.
* Minimum of 2 Years of applicable work experience
* Understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle and system level design and the ability to develop system level requirements and design artifacts
* Experience developing system and subsystem level requirements and designs for hardware and software implementations
* Working knowledge of COTS workstations and networks
* Effective communication skills, both oral and written
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
* Able to travel, occasional domestic travel in support of the program; potential for international travel
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Experience solving complex problems in Air Traffic Control/Management Systems
* Experience in the systems engineering, development and operation of Air Traffic Management Systems
* Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
* Exposure to Communications Systems or Parallel Processing
* Experience with DOORS or similar requirements management tool
* 2 years of experience with BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), or
* MS/MA in Engineering, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics with 0 years of experience.
139099BR 139099 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.