How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program, is seeking a highly motivated full-time Systems Engineer to provide engineering support for the JPSS Common Ground System (CGS) from the Raytheon facility located in Riverdale, MD.
The JPSS program is developing the next-generation global weather satellite system. Raytheon is developing, deploying, and sustaining the JPSS Common Ground System which includes the Interface Data Processing Segment (IDPS) and the Command, Control, and Communications Segment (C3S).
The successful candidate will have a knack for analyzing large amounts of data. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Perform system engineering analysis including implementation and design documentations and requirement reviews and verifications.
* Provide document reviews and resolve technical systems engineering issues
* Coordinate with remote site personnel
* Work with external entities to configure and troubleshoot interface issues.
* Follow established SE processes and procedures.
* Support proposal efforts as needed
* Support verification activities
* Strong software integration and troubleshooting background
* Experience in systems engineering functions including the following: operations concept development, requirements management, interface definition and control, design documentation, and change management process
* Formal system test experience on a software development contract at the system, subsystem or component level.
* Experience with DOORs
* Experience with Technical writing
* Good oral and verbal communications
* Experience with software interfaces
* Experience with spacecraft and ground situational awareness.
* Experience with DOORs Tool Kit
* Experience with customer interactions including meetings and presentations
2 years of experience with BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), or
MS/MA in Engineering, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics with 1 year of experience.
Must be able to pass a national agency background check in order to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) for access to customer IT systems.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 143110BR 143110
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MD - Riverdale
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.