As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide algorithm systems engineering as part of the Radar Capabilities Development Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
* Development of mathematical algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration
* Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
* Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
* Design and development of radar waveforms
* Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
* Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
* Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
* 2 years of engineering experience
* Knowledge of signal processing techniques, mathematical algorithms, analytic techniques and computer simulations
* Experience in Matlab, C++, Python, or related languages
* Experience in modeling and simulation
* Must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Able to effectively multi-task multiple tasks and priority actions
* Able to work in large teams in dynamic environment
* Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
* Expertise in Matlab, C++, or related languages
* Experience in software development of embedded, real-time complex systems
* Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
* Experience in radar data analysis and problem resolution; especially with respect to surveillance radar
* Graduate level coursework in and/or work experience in digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
* Experience delivering technical presentations to engineers and customers.
Required Education (including major): Must have a Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
138635BR 138635 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.