* Support system engineering projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design, and understand the underlying system implications. Contribute to the system engineering specification within the field of one's expertise. * Assist in creating the system engineering specification and write the portion of the system engineering specification pertaining to field of technical expertise. * Perform and coordinate tests, and provide feedback to product engineering, physics, algorithms and software on new designs and ongoing engineering improvements. * Problem identification and troubleshooting of moderately difficult engineering problems in field of technical expertise, including serviceability and manufacturability. * Support System Integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs. * Ensure that all new designs of hardware and software meets the MRS, and are reliable, safe, user friendly and maintainable by the field. * Assist in defining all external equipment interfaces, analyze architecture ideas and insure they are up to date and documented. * Learn and begin contributing to the systems architecture development process.
* Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
* Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
* No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
* Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
* Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
* Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Years of Experience:2 - 4 Years
Travel:Yes, 50% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
About Applied Materials
Applied Materials is a provider of manufacturing solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display, and solar photovoltaic industries.