Would you like to work in a collaborative environment in the technology hub of Northern Virginia? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Additionally, bonus opportunities and great benefits that include medical, dental, 401K match, flexible work schedules, and paid education and certifications are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Systems Engineer in the newly-formed CSI Mission Area to work with a small team to analyze requirements and test our new explosives detection system. As the Systems Engineer, you will develop requirements, support system integration, write test plans, test the system, and create test reports. Regular activities will include participating in engineering discussions, producing systems engineering artifacts, and coordinating with the team of internal stakeholders. This position may require very infrequent travel.
* Perform systems engineering activities in support of on-going programs
* Develop and maintain requirements for systems and subsystems
* Test plan development
* System and interface documentation
* System and subsystem testing
* Entry level systems engineering or related engineering discipline
* Knowledge of the following systems engineering functions:
* Requirements development and management
* System design
* Interface definition and control
* Integration and test to include: test planning, test procedure development, system and subsystem test, and test reporting
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience with C, C#, or Matlab
* Experience in a research lab environment
* Familiarity with electronics test equipment
* Hardware/electronics assembly
* Experience with DOORS or similar requirements management tool
* 2 years' experience with BS in Engineering, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), or
* MS in Engineering, Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics with 1 year of experience.
143801BR 143801 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.