Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a talented and experienced systems engineer to assist in design, build, maintenance, and support of the technology needs of the firm's top executives. The ideal candidate is excited and capable to take on a variety of systems design and support projects. Initial projects will require good understanding of Microsoft infrastructure including Active Directory, Windows servers and workstations, as well as a solid understanding of networking concepts. Subsequent projects may include networking (firewalls, routers and switches), Linux, public cloud services, integrated A/V systems, home automation, security cameras, sensors, intercom setups, and alarm systems. Most important for this role is curiosity and desire to learn and explore "out of the box" solutions while working with custom technology.
Requirements include excellent prioritization, communications, pragmatic decision making, and planning skills. Summarizing, understanding and interpreting user requirements, a strong sense of ownership, and high degree of discipline in documenting and testing every design aspect are keys to success in this role.
This role requires a moderate amount of travel within New York metro area and its suburbs as well as periodic travel to an out of state locations.
You should possess the following qualifications:
* At minimum, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution.
* Experience in engineering and supporting Windows based environments
* Understanding of common IP networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques.
* Experience in administering accounts and policies in an Active Directory environment.
* Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving problems pertaining to workstation connectivity, MS Office and common productivity and security applications.
* Good understanding of virtualization concepts.
* Good understanding of general Windows monitoring and provisioning solutions.
* Some experience with programming and/or scripting (Powershell, Python, Java, etc.)
* Experience with Linux system services and programs, including package management, Nagios, dhcpd, bind, nfs, nis, apache, mysql/mongodb, samba
* MCSE or Industry-level certification such as LPI or similar.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.