ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR
Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, specialty retail, award-winning dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the harbor, an events lawn, picnic and public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
Encore Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Encore Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Encore Boston Harbor team.
The Encore Boston Harbor Systems Engineer is responsible for managing all servers, SAN, Physical Servers, F5, Load balancers and associated equipment located in the Data Centers including other appliances and Cyber Security hardware. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining processes, scheduling, and supporting department team members and maximizing opportunities for departmental success; maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
* Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
* Participates in short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
* Actively contributes to the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
* Verifies that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced within the department.
* Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
* Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
* Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
* Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
* Provides timelines and other project documents in a professional manner
* Works closely with the assigned user community (and through business technologists) to determine how technology might assist in addressing its needs, and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications.
* Supports the strategy creation for products within the assigned vertical and translate that strategy into a product roadmap. The roadmap identifies the major areas, which are then detailed out as specific actionable requirements, making sure that the right features are built in the right order and at the right time.
* Communicates with the business ensuring that internal customers participate, drive many elements of this strategy and mediate competing needs among stakeholders Work with the Senior Manager of the Business Intelligence Group (BIG) to find solutions to conflicting ideas and priorities while making progress on strategy and while keeping everyone satisfied.
* Works with the BIG Team and the Network Team to identify product improvement opportunities (based on problem management analysis). These will be prioritized with the business in conjunction with enhancements etc.
* Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
* Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
* Ensure compatibility and interoperability of all computing systems.
* Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
* Works with product vendors to ensure visibility of problems identified above and/or enhancement opportunities.
* Helps identify new product development opportunities where solutions do not exist in the market.
* Works with business partners to review and screen products and vendors as needed.
* Provides subject matter/domain expertise within the assigned vertical. Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
* Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
* Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
* Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
* Minimum 3 years of IT Technology (primarily server/san/appliances/load balancers/security/PCI) experience required. Property pre-opening projects and IT operation experience in both gaming and hospitality experience preferred.
* Product Development and Engineering Experience or knowledge is preferred.
* Strong product, financial, & technical knowledge to perform market and ROI analysis preferred.
* Experience with research, trend analysis, and building relationships and alliances is preferred.
* Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio & PowerPoint.
* Must possess outstanding organizational, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The candidate should have a solid understanding of the following technologies:
* VMware ESXI virtualization technologies,
* Microsoft Server operating systems, including 2008, 2012, and 2016
* Well rounded knowledge of basic networking (TCP/IP) is a plus
* HP server hardware, including HP Bladesystem and Synergy
* Advanced troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
* Powershell scripting is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exist while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the property floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
* Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.