Systems Engineer covering Enterprise Accounts in the greater Boston Area. Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything, from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You will use your engagement experience and expertise to build Cisco's relevance in delivering solution development, partner ecosystem, marketing, etc. You will lead and orchestrate Cisco and Partner resources to identify & qualify opportunities, close engagements to achieve product and services bookings targets
* You will establish and maintain customer relationships at the executive / business decision maker level.
* You will develop & present compelling business cases to customers, maintain expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case, including the drivers of cost, benefit and risk.
* You will partner closely with Engineers/Architects to align the technology architecture to the customer's desired business outcome and ensure customer success by orchestrating resources to assist the customer in realizing the full value of their technology investment.
* Develop & lead business value based opportunities within targeted accounts - often over 12-24-month sales cycles.
* Share detailed execution plans and progress with field leadership and account teams.
* Enhance Cisco's solution portfolio over time, focused around key customer requirements and aligned with Cisco products and solutions.
* Provide regular reporting of account engagement progress on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
* Engage, advise and mentor sales teams on Customer Experience imperatives and business value based consultative selling approaches
Who You'll Work With
The Global Enterprise Theater is a group of accounts that span Financial Services, Retail, Logistics, Oil and Gas, Automotive, Manufacturing and Conglomerate industries. These accounts are global in nature and possess a symbiotic partner relationship with Cisco helping to form our technology direction and vision.
This role allows flexibility, customer engagement, groundbreaking technology and career mobility. Teaming with an account manager, you will jointly engage with the customer, finding ways to pursue your customer's concerns and challenges and will make customers more agile, improve your career and bring groundbreaking technology into the light.
Who You Are
You have an excellent understanding of Cisco products and solutions with 3+ years in systems engineering or architecture (pre and post sales). You are experienced in pre-sales account planning and experience in life cycle project planning.
* You have project management and CxO level relationship experience Skills
* You have the strong ability to Influence internal and external resources and to collaborate with multiple account sellers
* You are flexible to set goals and priorities between organizations
* You represent the Region to Corporate and Sales Leadership
* You have strong prioritization skills with consistent record of driving results
* You are able to demonstrate value to the team and be seen as a Go To person for top issues
* You excel at prioritizing issues based on business impact and collaborate with Operation Management team and extended team to solve issues
Our minimum requirements for this role:
Strong verbal and written communications skills
BS in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in Business Administration is preferred
Cisco certifications CCNA, CCNP - CCIE is preferred
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
Cisco is a company that manufactures and distributes Internet Protocol (IP) based networking and other products.