Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
We have a need for a Systems Engineer with Cloud Engineering experience to support the National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). NESDIS is responsible for the procurement of new flight and ground systems and the modification of existing systems needed to operate the satellites, and to collect, process, distribute, and store satellite data for the nation's civilian environmental satellite (spacecraft and sensor) program.
The selected Engineer duties will include:
* Review and create Level 1 & Level 2 requirements, update and review architecture diagrams and review and write CONOPs.
* Coordinate with Cloud Systems Engineers and Common Services Architects to identify optimal use of Cloud technology in supporting NESDIS business and mission functions and services
* Ensure that Cloud technology concepts and standards are reflected in NESDIS Ground Enterprise architecture artifacts (BA, TA. etc.)
* Support the development and publishing of Cloud based design patterns
* Maintain awareness of public Cloud capabilities, tools, services and best practices in Fed Gov't implementation.
* Requires a BS degree in an Engineering or Information Technology discipline, MS/MA preferred
* Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering / systems engineering, and architecture of satellite ground systems.
* Requires extensive experience with Cloud Technology concepts and standards
* Requires experience working within multi-groups IPTs.
* Requires ability to work independently, assess and provide feedback on technical products (CONOPS, requirements, and architecture views)
* US Citizenship and eligibility for US Government Security Clearance