Position Summary: We are looking for dynamic leaders who can develop and drive technical solutions with our customers so that we grow our share in traditional L-3 ISR Systems markets and expand to new application spaces and expanded roles in systems development. The position requires a systems engineering approach with modeling & simulation expertise to help apply Model-Based Systems Engineering across our Sensor Systems Segment of companies and customers. The successful candidate will be required to be located in Plano, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Systems Engineer - Modeling & Simulation works on a cross-company team that supports a number of research and development projects, from small-scale prototyping to enterprise applications. The development teams use agile methodologies, Model-Based Systems Engineering processes, and hybrid cloud infrastructures to accomplish goals. The Modeling and Simulation Engineer's role on the team is to evaluate new concepts in a realistic environment and statistically validate that products meet goals and requirements. The position is also responsible for building and maintaining SISO standards-based software components and integrating new capabilities into the environments. Software projects are primarily developed C , Matlab, and Systems Architecture Frameworks.
* Develop an in-depth understanding of technology and capability gaps, for conventional and non-conventional customers, where L-3 has or can obtain a competitive advantage. This requires establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with customers and prospective customers. * Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional staffs within L-3 SS and in other L-3 segments as appropriate to leverage L-3 technology and product investments. * Collaborate with L-3 colleagues across company and segment boundaries to develop and enhance Systems models and simulations, and integrate to larger customer simulation frameworks to explore and validate sensor systems improvements in the larger operational platform structure. * Work with Mission Analysts and System Architects to develop and advance L3 System offerings to customers and the warfighter.
Researches; designs and develops command; control; communications; intelligence; surveillance; and reconnaissance; (C3ISR) systems that analyzes electronic signals from command centers (air; ground; space and sea) for real-time situational awareness and responses. Analyzes and develops system requirements; develops and tests system architectures; modeling and simulations.
Technical Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Software, Systems, or Computer Engineering and a minimum of 10 years experience in military C4ISR systems engineering. MS 7 years experience
* Knowledge of C6ISR application and operations across all branches of US DoD
* Ability to obtain and maintain DoD SECRET clearance at a minimum. TS/SCI preferred.
* Working knowledge of modern simulation-based methods as a key part of the product development process
* Analytical skills desired in one or more of the following: sensor performance, image and signal processing, stabilization, guidance and control or target communications, platform survivability
* Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate and create solutions across multiple organizations and geographic locations
* Extensive proposal development and writing experience
* Able to sit for prolonged periods and use a computer/keyboard * Able to use standard office equipment * Typical office environment * Fast paced, schedule-driven environment * Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary * Travel required (25-50%)
L-3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L-3 ISR Systems Overview
L-3 ISR Systems business segment is comprised of the following business units: Advanced Laser System Technology (ALST), Brashear, CALZONI, Chesapeake Sciences Corporation (CSC), Cincinnati Electronics, L-3 EO/IR, EOTech, ForceX, Insight Technology, KEO, MariPro, Micreo, Mobile-Vision, Ocean Systems, Oceania, Ocean Server, Sonoma EO, SSG, TRL Technology, Warrior Systems and WESCAM.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.