Position Title: Systems Engineer
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
The Systems Engineer performs tier three systems support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government's software and hardware, Systems Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills. The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users also is essential. The Systems Engineer must be familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement. Participation in working groups, design reviews and system tests is required. Candidates will help generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on reviews. Candidates require extensive knowledge of the development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance. Because of the broad range of demands Systems Engineers must meet, candidates who have demonstrated strong project planning skills are preferred. Systems Engineers must have the ability to focus on engineering from a performance perspective. Candidates will have knowledge of data structures and relational database systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGres) along with working knowledge of network and information exchange technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, RESTful, SOAP, HTTP). Finally, Systems Engineers must be familiar with system engineering processes and techniques, possess excellent collaboration and communication skills and demonstrate strong technical writing skills. If applicable, the contractor shall be responsible for ensuring system availability and reliability of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) and related GCCS Family of Systems (FoS) on the networks.
* Developing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components
* Performing installation, maintenance and support of system software and hardware
* Performing user support
* Configuring, debugging and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
* Performing high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery as well as creating and documenting preventive measures
* Working as a strong team contributor and providing technical expertise
* Staying abreast of emerging trends in information technology and helping shape the work for the Government
* Working with the Government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions
* Creating and maintaining operational checklists
* Identifying performance issues and trends in operational systems
* Providing recommendations for process and configuration improvements
* Documenting system configurations and dependencies
* Reporting service status, issues, and recommendations to senior leaders
* Mentoring and leading junior systems personnel
* Establishes complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer Global Command and Control Systems. (GCCS Engineer)
* Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance. (GCCS Engineer)
Required Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree; significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education
Description: Related experience
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
* Current MCSE related to candidate's work area OR VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
* DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
* Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work.
* Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
* General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
* Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
* On-Call or after-hours support may be required
* You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
* You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency or exercises
* Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
* Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
* Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
* The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.