At VMware, we currently have an phenomenal opportunity within our Dell Technologies Solutions development team for a highly-motivated Systems Engineer/Architect to join our team in the Austin area..
This role will support a broader team that identifies new IT infrastructure solutions that resolve our customers' business challenges. These innovative solutions will pull components from across the expansive Dell Technologies portfolio, both hardware and software (Dell EMC, VMware, Pivotal, Virtustream, etc.)
In this role, you will be responsible for designing comprehensive IT infrastructure solutions (both physical and virtual). The scope will include understanding customer use cases, expertly combining Vmware software product(s) with products from the Dell Technologies portfolio, prototyping and ensuring the feasibility of candidate solutions while closely partnering with engineering teams from other parts of Dell Technologies. This role fits within a small, elite team and will provide opportunities to innovate within multiple industry domains, impact product roadmaps, and directly interact with end customers.
* BS or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related experience.
* 8 + yrs. Industry expertise with Enterprise infrastructure solution development (physical compute, networking, storage or Software Defined Data Center concepts).
* 3+ years direct customer consulting experience, including project delivery within a multi-disciplinary team Hands-on experience with wide range of VMware products
* Aptitude to stay current with all existing VMware technologies or related (i.e. Software Defined Datacenter platform, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, vSphere on AWS, Horizon, vRealize Cloud Suite, etc.) and initiative to create solutions that address customer business needs.
* Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a documented custom solution to solve those challenges.
* Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to internal and external stakeholders as required to drive business forward.
* Comfortable operating in an autonomous team, provided with latitude in making technical and design decisions
* Passion for providing a superior customer experience.
* Strong customer and partner facing relationship building skills.
* Strong listening and question based consultative selling skills.
* Confident in briefing and / or presenting to customers (to IT manager level); sales teams and management
* Exposure to both physical and virtual infrastructure and software engineering.
* Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
If you feel this is a good potential fit for you, we look forward to reviewing your resume. Please apply!
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.