This position is responsible for the build, configuration, implementation, and second-tier support of all system platforms, cloud-based infrastructure, and enterprise storage solutions. The Systems Engineer works with all technology teams, external solution providers, and internal business unit resources to build secure, scalable, extensible technology-based solutions, in alignment with both corporate and leading industry standards, before transitioning to our Technology Operations team for ongoing support.
* Procure, build, and implement servers and systems according to the proposed designed.
* Work with Senior and Principal Systems Engineers to help design systems and solutions as part of technology and business line-sponsored initiatives, leveraging leading industry practices.
* Help guide the platform and security direction for the organization by monitoring industry trends, assisting with proof-of-concept exercises, and recommending specific technologies to pursue.
* Develop, document, and enforce system build and hardening standards for all platforms.
* Serve as the primary escalation channel for support-related server and application issues, driven by the Technology Operations team as part of on-call escalation procedures.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
* Must be able to synthesize multiple data points across a number of business and technical domains.
* Must be analytical, well organized, and self-directed.
* Able to make recommendations to manager on decisions of complex, multifaceted nature.
* Independently drives and coordinates solutions to complex matters.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 2 years of enterprise systems engineering experience.
* Must have engineer-level experience implementing and managing various technology projects and platforms.
* Exceptional working knowledge of server operating systems (Windows & Linux).
* Experience building, implementing, and managing servers and applications in a cloud-hosted environment such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, or Google Cloud Platform.
* Must possess comprehensive understanding of Active Directory intimately from an administrative standpoint, including knowledge of best practices as well as knowledge of intrinsic and 3rd party tools.
* Strong skills in TCP/IP networking and security concepts are required.
* Experience with virtualization platforms, such as Microsoft HyperV, Nutanix AHV, KVM, and VMWare ESX.
* Familiarity with automation through enterprise distribution and configuration management platforms such as SCCM, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
* Experience with endpoint security suite products, enterprise class backup systems, and monitoring technologies.
* Experience troubleshooting and solving problems through efficient use of scripting technologies such as PowerShell, Linux shell/BASH, Perl, Python, etc.
* Experience identifying issues and determining root cause via a consistent, logical approach.
* Demonstrated ability to implement and support scalable technology solutions.
* The ability to manage multiple assigned tasks.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability and willingness to be on-call and respond to emergencies.
* Must be able to work flexible hours and participate in an on-call rotation. Some travel between office sites and data centers is necessary.