The Systems Engineer is a member of the RSM Technical Services group and is responsible for the strategic operational support of our enterprise messaging and mobile and platforms. This engineer will work closely with IT management and other functional groups to deploy, administer and provide level three support for the company's enterprise infrastructure. They must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to work, collaborate and coordinate between technical and non-technical people within the company.
* Responsibilities: Provide subject matter expertise (SME) troubleshooting support for enterprise class applications including but not limited to Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, MimeCast and MobileIron. Works with end-users, Microsoft Support and other 3rd party vendors in resolution of support issues as-needed.
* Maintains technical standards, procedures and techniques for the resolution of Enterprise IT system problems to ensure maximum application availability and performance. Collaborates with other IT related professionals such as IT System Administrators, IT technical engineers, IT Developers, IT Architects and IT Portfolio personnel.
* Supports internal development, functional technology and project teams on a recurring basis. Monitors and optimizes server health functionality based on industry best practices. Implements upgrades, enhancements and fixes following established change management procedures. Regular review of alerts, logs and performance. Participates in enterprise disaster recovery planning and practices. Achieve system automation and integration through the use of Web Services and scripting technologies and tools.
* Participation in scheduled and unscheduled system maintenance including change management, on-call and off-hour systems support required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, equivalent work history/experience or working towards achieving a degree
* Experience administrating enterprise server and messaging systems environments
* Knowledge of Exchange 2016 and Office 365
* Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and/or 2016 and supporting technologies
* Knowledge of IT infrastructure, network, and directory services
* Experience with MobileIron or other MDM technologies preferred
* Knowledge of MimeCast Email Security or similar technologies
* Familiarity with accounting and business services environment a plus
* Familiarity with System Scripting and Automation languages
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills
* Ability to handle multiple complex projects concurrently and prioritize work efficiently
* Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* High degree of professionalism
* Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req9687_Chicago
Line of Business: Internal Client Service
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req9687_Chicago
Location: 331 W 3rd St., Suite 200, Chicago, IL US
Job Category: Corporate Information Technology
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
About Junction Solutions
Junction Solutions offers industry-specific ERP solutions and expertise for the retail and consumer goods industries.