Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Based in our Denver, CO office, the Systems Engineer acts as a subject matter expert in the development, configuration, support, and deployment of new initiatives and existing products/systems. The role will oversee and execute new deployments, enhancements, upgrades, and updates for all Red Robin concepts.
The role works closely with Business Solution Architects, Project Managers, Vendors, other members of the IT department and internal business stakeholders, to ensure the new implementations and/or enhancements are completed successfully and on time. The Systems Engineer must communicate specifications and requirements to all involved with the development of a product/system to ensure understanding of expectations as defined by engineering specifications.
The main emphasis of the role is to be the subject matter expert on cloud or on-premise enterprise software applications within the IT Restaurant Operations Business Relationship Director team. Applications such as, but not limited to, existing restaurant Back Office Systems, Point of Sales (BOS/POS configuration(s), Online Ordering), Credit Card Processing, PCI, KDS, NCR API suite and other solutions and systems as applicable.
The role is a very collaborative one as it will require continuous interaction within the multiple areas within the IT department but also with internal and external stakeholders as it relates to configuration, testing, implementation and overall stakeholder satisfaction.
* Act as subject matter expert during the deployment of new and existing initiatives/systems. Including enhancements, upgrades, updates, and patches if applicable.
* Review software update release notes, ensure compatibility, communicate feature changes to employees, and schedule updates to the system.
* Assist with writing test cases for Quality Assurance.
* Identify, research, and diagnose development/production implementation problems such as defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in systems functions, outputs, and content.
* Work closely with IT Helpdesk and Applications Support to ensure appropriate project documentation is available in the Transition/Run book for each new initiative or enhancement release. This also applies for changed/modified functionality on a new product or service.
* Ensure that appropriate quality steps and approvals through Red Robin change control board are adhered to prior to software or configuration promotions.
* Work across IT teams to ensure the environment is fully utilizing available technology to enhance productivity and improve work processes.
* Coordinate with appropriate Red Robin personal to evaluate system capabilities and translate operational requirements into system configuration development.
* Collect all above store system information required for configuring/developing
* Possess an in-depth knowledge of all Restaurant Technology and recommend configuration changes/modifications to meet business requirements. In addition, considers continuous improvement opportunities.
* Execute configuration and development of Restaurant Technology and considers downstream impact to other systems, integrations, data flow, and overall impact to the business.
* Consider and evaluate the configuration interoperability between new proposed solutions vs. existing solutions in use at Red Robin for the most effective and efficient development, configuration, and implementation.
* Coordinate and perform in depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new system application.
* Continuous education and market knowledge development to understand new trends within existing solutions as well as new initiatives as it relates to existing systems.
* Provide hands-on installation and support for deployed solutions in accordance to the Transition/Run book requirements. Always willing to work remotely, by phone or email.
* Point of technical escalation for Project Managers and other IT Resources during product/system testing and deployment.
* Adhere to organizational ITIL and ITSM standards
* Be able to work independently and in a team environment managing a range of situations involving business stakeholders, vendor partners and technical resources.
* Complete projects thoroughly and according to project plans
* Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc).
* Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings
* Available for on-call and emergency response as needed
* Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate
* Off hour work and overnight travel may be required
* Maintain a high level of professionalism with business stakeholders, vendors and staff.
* Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of Red Robin
* Other duties as assigned
* Knowledge of NCR product suite including Aloha and NBO is preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferred)
* Associate's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
* Knowledge of MS SQL data structures is required
* 3 - 6 years of experience in providing support for business applications
* 3 - 6 years of demonstrated proficiency with relational database applications
* 3 - 6 years of demonstrated proficiency working with troubleshooting and support of end users.
* Integration Skillsets such as Apache Camel
* Strong understanding of application programming interfaces
* MS SQL 2003, 2005
* 3rd party tools/utilities
* Current system/hardware configurations
* Direct and remote consoles
* Experience in ITIL a plus
* The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to provide solutions to a customer's technical business problem.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good interpersonal communication skills to work with the business on requirements
* Good analytical and troubleshooting skills as it relates to the interoperability of new and existing solutions
* Basic PC and Windows experience
* Inherent curiosity to troubleshoot effectively
* Ability to approach projects and stakeholders in an empathetic manner to understand the needs and the best approach of how to accomplish the intended results in a collaborative way. Fosters communication among all involved with the product/system being developed.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer
About Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews is a chain of casual dining restaurants.