Are you a "Find it, Fix it, Automate it, Never worry about it again" kind of engineer? Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services - paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
* Work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
* Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
* Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
* Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
* Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
Amazon Redshift team is looking for experienced DevOps Engineers to build out our automation of critical operational functions that ensures thousands of servers across multiple datacenters worldwide maintain lights on. You will own the design and development of significant and impactful projects to future proof our industries leading datawarehouse service for the cloud. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building solutions from the ground up to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top Systems developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. A successful candidate will bring deep technical systems, networking and coding expertise and has the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver a broad business impact. Experience with highly available/fault tolerant systems or operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
* Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
* Designing, building and testing complex system components
* Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
* Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
* Mentoring other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.