Amazon's Information Security organization is the guardian of customer trust. We are responsible for securing products, services, networks, and operations across Amazon's worldwide consumer business, leading hundreds of thousands of employees across the globe. Inside Information Security, the Amazon on Other People's Computers (AOPC) Team is responsible for securing Amazon's use of third party cloud services. We are looking for a skilled and motivated Systems Development Engineer to help automate security tools for Amazon's vast ecosystem. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the protection of our customers within a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
You will work with AOPC's Security Engineers, Technical Program Managers, Architects, and Software Development Engineers to deliver services and tooling that support Amazon's secure usage of multiple 3P cloud services. You will work with Global IT and AWS systems to design and build aggregation and collection mechanisms to monitor Amazon's 3P cloud services. The services you build will enable risk remediation, control deployment, and tracking of trends. You will combine your technical experience and business group needs to create balanced security tools that work at massive scale. You will identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve security posture across the whole portfolio of third party cloud services used by Amazon. You will initially partner closely with Salesforce architects and developers to integrate AWS monitoring services with Salesforce, and later extend these capabilities to other products.
You are passionate about building world class, scalable software and have previous experience in bridging disparate systems. You are looking to work in a small but growing team, who influences Amazon every day on a massive scale. You know how to deliver, are technical, and long for the opportunity to build innovative solutions to challenging problems.
Key tasks include:
* Driving design and development of new services and tools for 3rd party cloud services (Salesforce, Workday, Qualtrics, etc.) and AWS infrastructure.
* Collaborating with cloud platform subject matter experts (SMEs) and peer teams (Global IT, etc.) to design and develop centralized solutions for deploying, managing, and supporting 3rd party clouds.
* Designing and developing tools for 3rd party cloud, particularly cloud service provisioning, configuration monitoring, and security scanners.
* Enabling information security as a core competency in Amazon's use of third party cloud services.
* Evaluating complex technical requirements and developing them into efficient and scalable solutions.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.