As an experienced software engineer in test automation with a broad scope for implementing Viasat's test strategies and platforms, you will provide technical leadership and strategic direction to the product test engineering organization. You will drive long-term improvement of the organization's testing processes and growth in a multi-customer/multi-vendor/multi-configuration environment.
You will need to think long-term and lay out a path for solving big issues over a long period, which will include automation tools and frameworks. You will need a clear understanding of the Test Development Life Cycle and consistently look beyond the current solutions and may have several deliverables not tied to a particular test process and platform. You will deal with broad issues, and will be expected to provide solutions. You will use your knowledge of software engineering processes to continually improve all aspects of Viasat's test software solutions.
You will work together with test leads of different groups to define the test strategy of their teams and make sure test coverage is complete among different teams and areas. In short, you will define the high level testing strategies, which includes implementing and leveraging CI/CD pipelines, standard libraries, and best practices.
In addition, you will have wide-reaching scope, impact and influence that extend beyond the confines of the Test organization and span the entire organization. Ultimately, you will be the foremost technical authority responsible for the overall quality of test platform deliverables across all parameters, both functional and non-functional including performance, security, usability, etc. Sound interesting? Keep reading..
* 10+ years systems and test experience in complex environments
* 5+ years of leadership experience directing day-to-day activities as well as managing long term objectives
* Experience directing and coordinating the implementation of test automation, next generation test platforms, and other test tools
* Experience developing software in a team environment using version control, build automation, bug tracking, and similar processes/technologies.
* Experienced in creating test plans for highly complex systems
* Results oriented with a high degree of accountability, commitment, and responsibility
* Experience in planning test cases to ensure full test coverage
* In depth knowledge of test techniques and methodologies for RF, mass interconnect, and multi-DUT environments
* Ability to improve testing processes and techniques on a project
* Ability to conduct test tool evaluation
* Ability to design enterprise wide test environments
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering/Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar technical degree
* US government position. US citizenship required.
* Up to 20% travel
* Highly experience with National Instruments development tools
* Software systems integration experience with enterprise test executives, quality databases, and/or MESs
* Good understanding of industry and MIL test standards and methods
* Familiarity with test approaches for satellite communication products
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
8 plus years
Up to 25%
US Citizenship Required
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.