Systems Architect (Ft. Belvoir)
Req #: 221364
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
We are seeking a collaborative self-starter to join the team during this exciting time! As an Adaptive Squad Architect, you will be providing Systems Engineer expertise as the Adaptive Squad Architecture Directly Responsible Individual (ASA DRI) under Project Manager, Integrated Visual Augmentation System (PM IVAS). You will be responsible for the management and implementation of the systems engineering process during the design, development and delivery of the ASA. Successful job performance requires a thorough knowledge of the Systems Engineering Management Process and Implementation throughout all life cycle phases; expertise and knowledge of software life-cycle sustainment, Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD) and Integrated Product Teams (IPT) Management; and ability to coordinate and negotiate design and engineering activities with other related programs and entities in the private sector, other government agencies, and academia.
You will maintain currency with the Soldier Lethality Cross Functional Team's (SL CFT) materiel development priorities through synchronization/ integration of projects. You will also coordinate, integrate, and validate operational, system, and technical architectures with the Maneuver Center of Excellence (MCoE), Combat Capability Development Centers (CCDC), and other architecture stakeholders for all assigned projects.
You will coordinate and collect pertinent data from varied points of contact and evaluate the data to ensure that there will be on hand at all-time sufficient and current information to provide a ready, accurate and complete response to any inquiry regarding engineering related issues. You will prepare required documentation for submission to the PEO, ASAALT, SL CFT or other entity to support and defend PM position in engineering matters associated with ASA. You will assist Project Lead in development, coordination, and promulgation of systems engineering policy and procedures that pertain to PM operations.
More About the Role:
* Analyzing COTS products capabilities for integration into the architecture
* Analyzing computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations
* Documenting design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information
* Performing O&M on existing systems and integration of new technology, as necessary
* Serving as liaison between client and technology vendors
* Developing presentations and communicate project information through presentations, technical reports, use cases, and white papers for recommendation for changes to the architecture
* Collaborating with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components
* Communicating with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements
* Leading or participating as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies
* Establishing functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed
* Evaluating analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Secret Security Clearance
* Ability to interface with both customer and industry-partner counterparts to ensure constant and current flow of information to all parties for systems engineering and integration.
* Experience with developing software life-cycle sustainment plans and procedures in accordance with DoD, industry best practices.
* Familiar with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes sufficient to recommend courses of action for an ASA sustainment plan.
* Ability to perform life cycle management.
* Possess substantial knowledge of hardware, software, and similar systems. You also, must be familiar with the users' domain of experience
* Ability to self-learn, act on own initiative, and work in a dynamic environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Ability to communicate and collaborate with Senior government officials
* Understanding of architecture (servers, storage, and network)
* Specific engineering experience
* experience with software planning and development cycles using the "agile" developmental method.
* Experience using the systems engineering process to develop architecture designs meeting operational and life cycle needs.
* Up to date knowledge of standard and emerging processes and tools associated with system and system of systems life cycle functions to include Development, Verification/Validation, Production, Fielding, Training and Support
* Should have at least 8 Years of job related experience and Bachelor's degree
* Master's degree may be substituted for 2 Years of job related experience
* Doctorate degree may be substituted for an additional 2 Years of job related experience
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Hololens experience
* Microsoft Server, Engineering, or Developer certifications
* Strong communication skills along with a customer-oriented attitude
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Fort Belvoir-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.