Description:This position is the chief engineer for the Multi-Domain Weapon Systems division within the Spectrum Convergence Market Segment. The chief engineer has total technical responsibility for a portfolio of programs in the SIGINT, MASINT, and IMINT domains. The chief engineer ensures that technical integrity is maintained (including conducting recurring chief engineer reviews), common architectures are applied, proposals are executable, R&D is germane to the division (and beyond), and programs are executed within the technical cost/schedule baseline. The chief engineer monitors trends and shapes customers' roadmaps / captures. The chief engineer has a staff of senior technical leads as well as technical fellows. This position requires occasional travel, typically within the US.
* 10 years experience in the C4ISR domain
* Must have experience in leadership
* Must have experience in digital development environment (DDE) or equivalent
* Engagement in research and development (including defining R&D goals and affecting outcomes)
* Demonstrated track record of successful technical execution (full lifecycle - requirements through test)
* Familiarity with ISR ground processing, including tasking, collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination (TCPED)
* Technical cost estimating
* Certified green belt (or equivalent)
* Managing technical programs with metrics
* Successfully executing return-to-green plans
* Experience in one or more proposals
* Excellent written and oral communication
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.