Michaels Stores, Inc.
Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, with more than 1,340 stores in the United States and Canada. Our store team, distribution and manufacturing center team, and support center team work together to help our customers bring their creativity to life. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
The Michaels support center is located in Irving, Texas. We call our corporate office a "support center" because everything we do there helps to support the retail stores. It's a creative, challenging and collaborative place to grow your career.
Basic Function: Systems Analyst
The Systems Analyst functions as a liaison between the business community and the technical community. The SA is expected to have a deep understanding of business applications / processes and a level of functional and subject matter expertise in customer facing applications, including ecommerce, mobile and other Marketing systems. Responsibilities include gathering, clarifying, translating and defining business requirements into specific system requirements. The SA also plans and executes testing to ensure the solution meets requirements. Must be competent to be an active participant in all phases of the project lifecycle and will be required to work closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that all business requirements are understood, documented and met.
What will you be doing?
* Partners with the business to assess and understand business requests
* Assists business with gathering, clarifying, translating and defining business requirements into specific system requirements
* Participates in architectural reviews
* Documents and recommends functional solutions where applicable
* Documents and recommends business process changes where applicable
* Creates conceptual and functional designs for solutions
* Prepares and delivers functional designs to the project development teams
* Participates in design review sessions
* Works with the business to assess and understand business requests
* Assists business owners in identifying, clarifying, and documenting the objectives and benefits of any project or enhancement request
* Analyzes, translates, and documents business/user requirements
* Prepares and delivers user requirements for project development teams
* Analyzes current business processes
Testing User Acceptance:
* Develops test strategy based on the project requirements and schedule
* Design, develop, and execute detail oriented test scripts and test cases using test plans and project specifications.
* Report defects found in testing diligently, promptly, and accurately, using standard defect tracking tools.
* Report test progress against schedules (planning and execution).
* Perform both new functionality and regression tests; identify, analyze and report issues for follow-up
* Ensure the integrity of test material
* Provides general support for the business during user acceptance testing
* Assists in change management activities to deliver business solutions
* Provides functional support for the business during implementation and post-implementation phases of a projec
* Assists in the project close and transition of the project to the support team
* Maintains effective communication with management and project teams
* Liaison between the business community, the architecture and the project development teams
* Facilitates communications between the technology teams and the business
* Adheres to department SDLC process and project framework
* Supports and adheres to defined architectural standards
* Bachelor's Degree
* Computer Science, Business or related field of study
* Extensive experience in gathering requirements
* Experienced in documenting business, process and data flows
* Understanding of systems development life cycle including issue, risk and scope management
* Understanding of test strategies, test plans and test execution
* Strong proficiency of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
* 3-5 years experience
* Retail system or business experience a plus
* Experience with eCommerce and Mobile technologies Understanding of test strategies
* Strong working knowledge of Agile methodologies and writing user stories
* Detail-oriented person with strong problem solving abilities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Team oriented, strong organizational skills
About Michaels Stores, Inc.
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.