Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
The Business Engagement & Governance Department - part of MITRE's Enterprise IT Division - is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst/Project Leader. You will work closely with customers, stakeholders, and technical experts to provide customer outreach, requirements analysis, business process analysis and improvement, and systems acquisition services to MITRE's most critical corporate IT initiatives. While the focus of this role will be on systems analysis, there will be opportunities to serve as project leader as well.
Key functions of this role include:
* As a member of a cross-functional team, work with stakeholders and customers to define business needs and develop business cases for potential IT initiatives;
* Provide analytical support to the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex information systems;
* Solicit, analyze, and document business and system requirements;
* Assess current processes and systems, identify gaps and issues, and recommend improvements;
* Evaluate the capabilities of IT products and services;
* Drive systems acquisitions including RFP development, vendor evaluations, and product recommendations;
* Serve as project leader for assigned IT projects which includes creating and managing project plans, defining project schedules, monitoring and reporting on progress, and identifying and managing risks and issues.
Experience is more than one of the following areas will be essential for success in this role:
* The ability to work effectively with cross-organizational teams to deliver effective IT solutions to critical business and operational problems;
* Enterprise-level planning and analysis skills;
* Experience soliciting, analyzing, and documenting business and system requirements;
* Knowledge of requirements analysis and process modeling techniques and tools;
* Knowledge of system acquisition and software development processes;
* Knowledge of IT processes and technologies;
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills;
* Experience planning and managing corporate IT projects.
BS and 8 years related experience.