EDP Systems Analyst II
Grade 21, AFSCME Unit Position, Danvers Campus
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (37.5 hours/week)
Provide technical support for the college community by troubleshooting to the best extent possible computer and network related problems. Install and deploy new hardware and software to administrative users, faculty and academic labs; responsibilities include: good customer service, general desktop computer support (software and hardware configurations, network connectivity, printers and other peripherals,) installation and deployment of new/replacement hardware and software/upgrades, and assistance in the maintenance of NSCC infrastructure. Comply with college inventory and surplus control procedures. Help ensure college technology security and compliance. Assist with Helpdesk functions including answering the phone, addressing assigned tickets and updating the Helpdesk system accordingly.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Complete Helpdesk service requests and keep helpdesk ticket queue accurate & up-to-date.
* Research and perform repairs, updates and enhancements on computers, mobile devices, phones and other technologies supported by the college.
* Install, patch and update software such as operating systems and other general and discipline specific applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, internet browsers, etc.)
* Install and deploy new/replacement computers and hardware peripherals such as computer memory, hard drives, NICs, phones and printers.
* Maintain desktop and systems security by removing malware and applying Windows patches & anti-virus updates according set schedules and requirements.
* Assist in basic troubleshooting of college technology networks and infrastructure.
* Maintain inventory management/surplus controls by following departmental and college inventory procedures, as well as take part in the department's yearly inventory reconciliation.
* Ensure college-wide data security policies are adhered to; communicate with management as necessary.
* Work with vendors as necessary to successfully complete NSCC projects.
* Provide supervision to part-time technology assistants.
* Answer Helpdesk phone and emails.
* Performs other related duties as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Administrator of User Services & Network Supervisor
The Human Resource Division Classification Specification for this position is available at http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.asp or in the Human Resources Department.
* At least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in electronic data processing, of which (B) at least one year must have been in work in which the major duties included computer systems analysis, or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitution as specified in the state job specifications.
* Ability to troubleshoot and isolate desktop hardware problems as well as experience with installing peripheral components and appropriate software drivers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
* Basic knowledge of desktop and networking concepts including TCP/IP v4 & v6, identity management systems (Active Directory or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol), and general network topologies.
* Familiarity with backup power and power distribution systems.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to understand and follow NSCC help desk policies and procedures.
* Ability to work in a team setting, communicate effectively and adjust to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to communicate and manage time effectively.
* Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
* A+ or Network+ certification preferred.
* Ability to travel between campuses as necessary.
* Successful experience interacting with culturally diverse populations.
* Candidates will be required to pass a CORI/SORI and/or a National background check as a condition of employment.
SALARY: $60,290.62 per year with fringe benefits. An appointment made from outside the bargaining unit (AFSCME) must start at step #1 of the range or as adjusted in accordance with the AFSCME collective bargaining agreement.
Full time benefited employees at North Shore Community College are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package offered through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Click HERE for a highlight of these benefits.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
North Shore Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Submit resume and cover letter no later than Sunday, July 28, 2019 outlining how your experience meets the qualifications of the position.