The Systems Analyst performs tasks related to the design, implementation, support/maintenance, and enhancement of NU's enterprise, vendor and in-house developed applications. This role documents functional requirements, analyzes requirements in the context of software and processes, develops and executes test plans, assists with and documents business process improvement efforts, and works with production issues. This position completes content, process, and procedures for technical and functional system work that is low to medium in complexity. Typically works with senior staff, but may coordinate smaller or less complex projects independently.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for configuration and testing of tuition calculation and billing functions in the Student Finance module of Oracle CampusSolutions (CAESAR) as part of the Systems team in Student Finance.
* Partners with senior analysts, end users and peers to document and analyze functional requirements, identify gaps and alternative approaches to meet requirements, and ensure all deliverables completed (adhering to approved methodology and documentation standards). * Partners with functional users and technical and reporting staff to determine best approaches, ensuring that approved solutions are implemented in a timely and correct fashion. * With other members of Administration and Systems teams in Student Finance, plans work for the year around the academic, fiscal, and production calendar, and ensures that all customer needs regarding tuition calculation and billing changes, as well as the monthly bill and quarterly tuition calculation, will be met.
* Drafts accurate documentation of process, procedure, and system/application configuration. * Formulates and executes test scripts, implementation project plans, rolls out communications and training materials. * Outlines medium complexity use cases. * Develops and maintains functional test plans for upgrades and patches to the Student Finance module, and coordinates testing in Student Finance department.
* Formulates test scripts and performs detailed testing for moderate to complex use cases to ensure that the implemented software functions correctly. * Participates in and may facilitate iterative feedback processes among users, developers, and analysts to ensure software functionality aligns with requirements. Draws on prior implementation experience to engage in discussions. * Configures and tests all setup for tuition calculation in the Student Finance module of Oracle CampusSolutions, including setup for new academic programs, enhancements to new programs, and updates to tuition and fee rates. * Configures and tests all parameters for the monthly student bill. * Maintains the item type trees, including setting up new item types.
* Collects feedback from users on application performance and escalates moderate to complex critical performance issues with technical resources and management. * Collaborates with technical, reporting and application resources to analyze and resolve moderate to complex production issues in a timely manner. Provides input into possible solutions based on prior system knowledge and basic analytical skills. * Troubleshoots and analyzes production issues with the Student Finance module, including tuition calculation and payment application
Other duties as assigned.
* Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience. * 2 years' functional/business/system analysis or other relevant experience required. * Please see information highlighted below- * Enterprise Applications: PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (SES) * Compliance: FERPA. * Analytical: Critical thinking, decision making, judgment, problem solving, troubleshooting. * Project: Functional documentation, organizational skills, code documentation, collaboration and teamwork.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
* Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience. * 2 years functional/business/system analysis or other relevant experience required.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
* Experience working with student enterprise systems, especially Oracle/ PeopleSoft CampusSolutions Student Finance module. * 2 years' experience in higher education administration, especially in student accounts, registration, or financial aid.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
* Excellent learning skills, ability to synthesize and extend learning to other similar cases. * Process improvement and comfort with change.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.