"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000 trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
Systems Analysts in the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Group are responsible for mapping data flows between Expeditors and our clients. This consists of analyzing client specifications describing how they will present data or how they want data presented, understanding how that information will be used in the context of our business and proprietary systems, and distilling it into a mapping document used to create the code that transforms the data. Increasingly, in order for Expeditors to move or clear freight for our clients, we are required to move the data that describes the freight. This places a Systems Analyst in the EDI Group at the very heart of our ability to gain new business and to form lasting bonds with our clients by integrating with their supply chain to provide visibility to inventory in transit.
This is a very fast-paced, exciting position with high visibility. Successful Systems Analysts love to be in the thick of things, have solid analysis skills, great communications skills (both written and verbal), work well in a collaborative design environment, and are able to keep multiple projects under control.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Understanding of database structures, data files and data relationships
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
* Ability to design creative solutions to meet the client's business and technical needs
* Excellent attention to detail required
* Experience in transportation/logistics industry preferred
* EDI knowledge (X12, EDIFACT, XML, mapping) preferred
* BA/BS in Business Administration, MIS, or related degree preferred
* Experience with SQL
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Successful candidates must pass a background check.
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.