Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Systems Analyst provides technical leadership from project inception through rollout, creating high-level technical requirements and designs to develop and support optimal IT solutions by applying knowledge of business processes and systems architecture.
The Systems Analyst (SA) creates high-level technical designs for high complexity projects and maintenance efforts by analyzing requirements and systems architecture, consulting with technology partners and validating tool standards. The SA reviews and evaluates mitigation efforts for design constraints and/or risks and leads design reviews to develop and support optimal IT solutions.
* Creates the high-level technical design for one or more complex projects and difficult maintenance efforts by analyzing and tracing designs to requirements (business and functional) and systems architecture
* Responsible for creation of roadmaps, leading design reviews, and performing analysis for one or more applications
* Identifies systems and technical constraints, potential technology risks, and document possible mitigation strategies for high complexity projects
* Guide the design deliverables of Systems Analysts and Developers
* Consults with Business Analysts to write functional design for high complexity projects
* Manages design reviews, application design impacts between concurrent releases, and technical walkthroughs
* Understands the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications, hardware, and/or software within a team. Executes and enforces best practices. May be responsible to identify and design for non-functional requirements
* Provides technical input and act as point-of-contact during architectural assessments for area applications
* For high complexity projects, validate code to designs and requirements. Manages code walkthroughs, inspections, and review
* Monitors the technical progress of the project
* Assists with detailed project estimating and milestone planning. Reviews and validates accuracy of others' estimates. Track the critical path across project teams and communicate the technical progress of the project
* Recommends technology solutions to meet business requirements. Partner with Business Analysts and possibly clients to improve business requirements and business process flows
* Internally communicates changes or issues with vended products
* Evaluates Proof of Concepts (POCs) and validate that code delivers design intent
* Plans, conducts, and reviews module and integration testing for high complexity projects. Analyze, validate, and consult on the content of functional test conditions for high complexity applications, projects, etc.
* Ensures technical issues reported by Product Quality Services are resolved
* Evaluates root cause of issues and the resolutions
* Manages the scope and change control process and provide direction for area of expertise. Manage and document issue resolution. Facilitate the change analysis for design, code, and other artifacts
* Coordinates various technology organization groups around required operations, environment, and desktop documentation. Manages development of the documentation
* Implements technical process improvements. Manages technical process and application process flows
* Recommends technology solutions to meet business requirements. Maintains understanding of software industry and provide direction for future solutions
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
* Experience utilizing Ab Initio (Must Have)
* Experience with ETL.
* Unix/Linux scripting experience
* Experience with System Design.
Position sits on site at Allstate's Irving, TX office.
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.