As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Takes technical responsibility for the evolving administrative systems. Helps design, build, implements and maintains department specifications software systems. Establishes standards and policy for projects or analysis as appropriate. Participates in all phases of software lifecycle development, particularly in the analysis and design of technical specifications, coding, testing and implementation.
Under the direction of the MGH IS BRM Manager, the analyst will take business requirements from management, internal customers, clinical staff and external vendors to build solutions with the ServiceNow (SN) platform. The analyst will also work on continual service improvement and process improvement throughout the MGH, MGH IS, and PHS IS space. This position will require effective decision-making, collaboration, diligence, ownership, and follow through in order to overcome obstacles and achieve team success along with an acumen for learning and understanding processes and identifying areas of improvement both within and outside of the ServiceNow platform.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Design & implement processes, data structures and software to support the analysis of the key business measurements in the organization.
Business process analysis for requirements definition (functional and/or technical)
Financial analysis for data reconciliation & trouble-shooting
Testing and quality assurance
Working with the end users in the analysis of system design and function.
Design/ implement/maintain/processes support managerial analysis and reporting
Analyzing, designing and developing ServiceNow based applications and utilities.
Development and management of workflows, database schema, notifications, form layout, web services, CMS, and other aspects of the SN platform
Creation and maintenance of SN based reports
Promote service improvements on an ongoing basis to continually improve quality and customer satisfaction of IS services.
Ensure alignment of MGH IS solutions to clinical and admin staff business needs
Identify business opportunities for more efficient and effective processes
Work on process improvement initiatives both internally for IS and for the MGH community
Maintain and manage continual service improvement opportunities from all MGH areas and assist with overall prioritization of improvement efforts for the program
Maintains expertise in related information technologies and techniques.
Provides superior customer service to all customers, both internal and external.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Other duties as assigned
* 5 years in information technology with at least 3 years developing and supporting applications or certified ServiceNow Administrator
* Experience with application design
* Proficiency in HTML
* Knowledge of the HealthCare industry a plus
* Experience writing technical specifications a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or the equivalent in other education/experience required
* ITIL V.3 Foundations Certification required
* Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL best practices
* ServiceNow scripting training a plus
* Thorough understanding of software lifecycle development. Experience & skills on each stage including analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance.
* The ability to quickly learn the business rules of various functions in the organization (project management, financial & HR).
* The ability to turn out high quality output under pressure due to frequent deadlines and/or unanticipated scope changes.
* The ability to multi-task and manage several development initiatives at a time.
* To perform job tasks independently or under a very general direction.
* Analytical skills to perform problem solving and QA/de-bugging.
* Ability to learn new technologies and apply them to the current and future development efforts within IS Administration.
* Good communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
* Ability and desire to understand the business and to appreciate user needs.
* Ability and desire to learn new technology.
* Ability to work under the time pressure and on several projects at once.
* Good knowledge of information system life cycle model.
* College degree or equivalent required
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.