* Ensure policies and processes affecting regulated activity are appropriately employed to comply with AbbVie and external agencies.
* Supports the strategic short term and long range SAP Implementation Plan.
* Independently conceives and develops general approaches to the solution of systems problems which require application of basic technical principles. Identifies and implements process improvements.
* Assists with the development and maintenance of the purchasing systems (architecture & standards, data management, solution set development, integration, system development, change management, training support and second level support) and interacts extensively with employees worldwide.
* Maintains relationships with Stakeholders (Purchasing, CDO, Tax, and Businesses).
* Assists with small, large and enterprise wide projects (SAP, Ariba, SNAPP) for Purchasing.
* Prepares, develops and conducts user and systems training.
* Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose, and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations.
* Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Executes testing strategies and develops preliminary findings.
* Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides input to project planning.
* Bachelor's degree preferred in a relevant discipline plus 2 years or more of related experience.
* Experience in one or more of the following: support of business functions, systems testing, IT implementation. Total combined experience of 2 years or more required.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Experience managing projects.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent planning skills and attention to detail.
* AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
* Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
* Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.