Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman's US Air Force Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) Support Center is seeking a Systems Administrator to join their diverse team in Rolling Meadows, IL. QRC Support Center continues to provide over 60 years of high value, quality service to the United States Air Force. QRC offers full Logistics, Engineering, Depot Repair, Material Support and Program Management for key Air Force avionic systems. As a Northrop Grumman employee, you will receive a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth while supporting the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
As a Systems Administrator, you will have the opportunity to apply and build your technical knowledge to support the site's IT infrastructure. In addition, you will have the opportunity to learn other aspects of Information Technology. Come be a part of our team!
* Manages the entire site's IT infrastructure by designing, configuring, maintaining and supporting the operation of servers, computer systems, printers, network devices, network shares, software licenses, license servers, and user accounts.
* Install, maintain and manage vendor software, licenses and products.
* Develop, monitor, ensure and apply IT, cyber and physical security standards.
* Design, develop and provide new IT solutions to users for a variety of problems.
* Perform daily, monthly and annual tape backups of servers and carry out disaster recovery in events impacting business operations.
* Make significant recommendations of system improvements and to purchase hardware and software.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
* Experience in designing, configuring, managing and sustaining production servers, printers, client computers, and network devices.
* Experience setting up, configuring and managing Windows Servers, Windows 7 and Windows 10 client computers.
* Able to collaborate in a team environment.
* Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
* Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours.
* Ability to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
* Must be able to work on-site in Rolling Meadows, Illinois.
* Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance.
* Must have at least 3 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree or at least 1 year of relevant experience with a Master's degree. In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least 7 years of relevant experience.
* Must have experience with Linux.
* Must have knowledge of Information Systems security controls and implementation.
Principal Systems Administrator:
* Must have at least 6 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree or at least 4 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree. In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least 11 years of relevant experience.
* Must have thorough knowledge and experience implementing Information Systems security controls.
* Must have thorough knowledge and experience configuring and supporting Linux servers and clients.
* A Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems.
* Work experience supporting IBM AS/400, iSeries environment.
* Work experience supporting Linux computers and servers.
* Experiencing installing and managing software license servers.
* Database administration.
* IIS Web Server administration.
* Any of the following certifications: MCSE, CompTIA A , CompTIA Security , CompTIA Server , CISSP, GSEC, CISM, CEH, CompTIA Network , CCNA, GIAC, CCNP, etc.
* Familiar with NIST SP 800-171, DFARS 252.204.7012 security controls.
* Experience with Subversion/Tortoise SVN.
* Have active DoD Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.