Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Job Responsibilities/Duties include but not limited to:
* Support establishment of the Windows Server security infrastructure design, implementation, and migration planning and fielding.
* Provide support for Microsoft Windows Server platform and functions
* Manage SCCM platform to support customer requests for agent installation and tuning monitors and rules.
* Participate in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
* Exhibit good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
* Perform as a Windows System Administrator for a classified government contract.
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
* Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
* Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
* Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
* Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
* Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
* Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
* Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
* Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
* Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
* Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
* Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
* Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
* Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
* Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Bachelor's degree and 3 years of related exp or Master's degree and 1 year of exp, an additional 4 years of exp may be considered in lieu of degree.
* Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
* Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Must have an active DoD Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days of submission.
* Must maintain a valid U.S. Passport
* Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel. Must be willing to accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements
* Must attain and maintain CompTIA Security CE certification
* A solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Server, Workstation operating systems, end-user support in an Active Directory environment, general understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, its operation procedures and service delivery activities required to maintain mission-readiness. Experience with MS SCCM
* All Windows Server and Desktop versions.
* Active Directory
* Group policy design, testing and implementation
* HPE 3PAR
* VMware vSphere, ESXi and vCenter
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.