Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
* Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
* Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space
* Provides expert level technical support for the core components of customer's infrastructure environment, including client, server and enterprise software services
* Design, implements, validates and supports standard qualified infrastructure systems based on innovative, industry-standard solutions. Isolates and resolves system network problems, analyzes support patterns to proactively prevent issues, researches and develops new support processes, and assists with strategic planning of shared computing services
* Continuous education is required to maintain competency in a fast changing business and technical environment.
* BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field and 3 years of experience
* 8750 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 Certification
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Windows server 2003/2008R2 and VMWare virtualization technologies. This shall include expertise in design/build and support of Exchange 2007/2010, Active Directory, GPO, WSUS Patch management, SQL server, and SharePoint 2007/2010.
* Skills in the deployment of these technologies in a VMWare environment including the setup of virtual LANs to optimize system efficiencies.
* Knowledge and skills in the use of Cisco UCS and HP blade technologies.
* Candidate will be required to support today's technology while researching and understanding tomorrows.
* Understanding of Cisco networking technologies and Cisco IOS and show expertise in the deployment of Cisco devices including firewalls, switches, and routers.
* Knowledge of KG175 encryption devices and tunneling technologies.
* At least 2 years' experience with a broad technical understanding of multiple network and system disciplines with a strong emphasis on implementing, securing and engineering projects and 2 years' experience providing network design and engineering to increase network security, reliability and availability.
* Must be a US Citizen and have a Top Secret/SCI clearance
* Government specified Enterprise Operations and Networks experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.