As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
GENERAL SUMMARY / OVERVIEW
The Center for Clinical Data Science (CCDS) aims to transform healthcare through cutting-edge data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We combine a translational, product-focused, early-stage culture with the world-class researchers, physicians, and data/computing resources at Harvard-affiliated Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women's Hospitals, as well as the broader Partners HealthCare System. Given our direct access to vast stores of biomedical data, decades of clinical experience, and deep expertise in the latest advances in cognitive computing, the CCDS is perfectly positioned to lead AI enabled advancements in medicine.
Compute is essential for the work we do at the center. We currently maintain a complex compute environment of hundreds of GPUs, around 5,000 cores of VM capacity, 5PB of storage capacity, all connected by 100Gbit networking distributed across multiple datacenters. We are growing quickly so are looking for an experienced system administrator who will manage our infrastructure and execute initiatives in cooperation with major stakeholders. You will have a direct impact on patient care by provisioning systems which enable state-of-the-art ML research and the deployment of this research into the production clinical environment. We believe heavily in automation, so in addition to managing the hardware, you will also work to automate the booting, provisioning, and ongoing maintenance of our systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* You are an experienced Linux system administrator with a strong bias for action.
* You will manage our datacenter environment, liase with other facilities teams, and coordinate our compute environment throughout its life.
* You will work with the ML platform team to administer the servers across the server, network, storage, and OS layers. You will work to automate the provisioning and configuration of our environment.
* You will contribute to growth planning to ensure the environment continues to meet the needs of our ML team and our clinical deployments.
* You will respond to and resolve production issues, adding fixes which maximize service availability.
* Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
* BS/BA in a quantitative or engineering discipline.
* 4 years' of experience working with server, network, and storage hardware in a data center environment.
* Experience with data center management and layout (power, cooling, cabling etc),
* Experience with systems and networking concepts including Linux, IP routing, switching, consoles.
* An ability to interface with facility providers, remote support, and hardware vendors.
* Experience with systems and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Kickstart etc, and proivisioning systems such as PXE.
* Understanding and knowledge of virtualization (KVM, Qemu, libvirt, namespaces, containers, etc.).
* Good project management skills, with the ability to proactively drive changes or improvements to the data center environment, or contributeideas to enhance current standards or fix issues.
* Working knowledge of git and scripting in Python or Bash.
* Ability to lift 60 pounds (27 kg).
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.