Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Systems Administrator II
We are seeking a Systems Administrator II with a wide range of experience and strong troubleshooting skills to work on a team supporting program initiatives in secure, isolated computing environments. The administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure and services to achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What you'll do:
* Experience with desktop deployment automation architecture, design/migration and troubleshooting.
* Experience managing an OS image for large corporate environments, both physical and virtual.
* Knowledge of the Windows registry, interaction of drivers within the OS, and unattended/silent installs of Windows operating systems.
* Interface with internal customers, program security, and management teams in planning for, maintaining, and resolving issues with services and systems.
* Install, maintain, and support multiple Windows-based servers and workstations on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
* Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
* Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
* BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Active TS/SCI Required.
* Expertise in troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and related connectivity issues.
* Experience with Windows 7 and 10 x64 Enterprise OS imaging, installation, and support.
* Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
* DoD 8570 Compliant Certification.
* Current CI Polygraph or willingness to obtain one.
* Work is performed in an office environment.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.