Our team seeks System Integration professionals with interest in filling Data Transport Officer (DTO) roles to provide physical data transport and systems integration support for all systems. The qualified individual will have a general understanding of various forms of media, customer procedures for data transport processes, and customer requirements for Data Transport Officer system accesses. The individual will also have a willingness to support various system integration efforts with the goal of transporting data in soft copy form. The individual must be able to work as part of a Scrum agile team, as well as independently when necessary.
* Ability to utilize multiple forms of hard and soft copy methods for the transport data onto and among multiple layered networks.
* Ability to work with data owner teams to synthesize data transport requirements / requests and track each requirement throughout the data transport lifecycle
* Ability to interact with internal and external partners to plan, de-conflict, and manage data transport expectations
* Ability to track and report various data transport metrics
* Familiarity with Windows, Linux, and AWS-based mechanisms for virus and malware scanning of inbound media
* Familiarity with network and firewall guard limitations on media types
* Familiarity with system limitations and best practices for media file or package size limitations when preparing data for various transport methods
* Understanding of Java, Linux, bash and other languages necessary for integrating and/or debugging data transport processes or systems
* Willingness to learn new technologies to better understand established methods and improve overall systems knowledge and support capabilities
* Willingness to analyze current systems and methods to provide innovated feedback toward process and systems improvement
* Willingness to participate in special projects
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* - AWS experience as a systems administrator or engineer
* - Linux operating system experience
* - Prior DTO experience
* - Experience with Enterprise monitoring tools
* - Experience in a DevOps environment
* - Experience with installing and supporting middleware applications such as Tomcat
* - Experience with common scripting or programming languages
* - Experience working on systems that handle high volumes of data (hundreds of TB)
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.