Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
* Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
* Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
* Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
* Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
* Develop and apply organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
* Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
* Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client/server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology.
* Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
* Analyze and study complex system requirements.
* Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
* Estimate software development costs and schedule. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improve current techniques. Supervise software configuration management.
* System Administration - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to system administration.
* Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Knowledge of the Intelligence Community.
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for various projects.
* Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus.
* Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Technology Design - Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
* Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
* Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems..
* Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
* Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to identify technology gaps in current capabilities and processes.
* Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve both technical and non-technical issues.
* Ability to effectively understand and communicate orally, in writing, and interpersonally to various customers/audiences.
* Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
* Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues (e.g. equipment, systems, networks, computer operations, cover issues etc).
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.