ARC Document Solutions
Department: Technical Services
Reports To: Director of IT
The Systems Administrator assists in ensuring the stable operation of the company's computer systems and networks through planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, documenting and optimizing all network hardware, software and communications links.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists in implementation of additions, deletions, upgrades and major modifications to organization's IT infrastructure.
* Assists in administration and maintenance of IT infrastructure including day-to-day maintenance, documentation, troubleshooting and monitoring.
* Assists in administering all network hardware and equipment, including servers, routers, switches hubs and UPS's.
* Installing, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting of end-user workstation hardware, software and peripheral devices.
* Assists in establishing network specifications through conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
* Assists in maintaining optimum network performance by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, tuning and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls and problem escalation to vendors.
* Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential and adhering to IT ethical standards and guidelines.
* Maintains, deploys and enforces security posture and IT policies as set by management.
* Handling problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up, referring more complex problems to senior technical staff.
* Demonstrating flexibility in adjusting to variable workload and job duties.
* Participating in maintaining an organized, clean, and safe work environment.
* Treating fellow employees, vendors, and visitors with respect and dignity at all times.
* Shows sincere commitment and adherence to all Corporate Compliance issues.
* Self-discipline, the ability to prioritize tasks, and a detail-oriented working style.
* Planning and managing projects without supervision.
* Ability to learn from experience and informal/formal instruction.
* Humble attitude about knowledge limitations, know when to ask for help.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Network Performance Tuning, LAN/WAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation
* Strong domain administration
* Microsoft AD DS and DNS, DHCP knowledge
* Windows Server 03,08,12, Cisco Meraki AP administration, VLANS, , Windows OS XP/7/8/10, Anti-Virus and Firewall administration, VPN
* Linux troubleshooting experience
* Project Management
* Able to communicate in business and user friendly language
* Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Technical Understanding, Quick Study
* Heavy attention to detail
* Availability to work Saturday and Sunday as required; regular hours of operation are Monday through Friday.
* Excellent oral communication, listening, interpersonal, and written communication skills
* Willingness to share knowledge with team members, superiors, and users
* Ability to listen to users in a courteous and friendly manner, acknowledge the reality of their problems, translate their descriptions into technical terms, fix the problems, and explain the solutions in terms the users can understand
* Excellent customer service skills, including the ability and willingness to communicate effectively and appropriately in an empathetic and understanding manner
* PC/Windows: A+,MCSE, MCTS, MTA, MCSA
* NCIE, NCDA
* Cisco: CCNA,CCNE
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* One year minimum computer network training with Linux and PC problem solving.
* At least 2 years' work experience as network support role for medium sized company.
About ARC Document Solutions
ARC Document Solutions offers managed print services, offsite document printing, and fulfillment services.