Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team in ManTech's Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) group. Currently, the MCIS group is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Systems Administrator with knowledge of commercial cloud services (C2S) to provide support for an exciting program in the Herndon, VA area. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Under ManTech's MCIS group you will be part of our National Intelligence Solutions (NIS) Division which provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contribution to our customer's success is driving our growth. Due to this, we are hiring for all levels of technical contributors. If this opportunity coincides with your passions we'd like to hear from you regardless of where you are in your career.
The Systems Administrator's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provision and configure IaaS technology components from C2S.
* Monitor application health and performance running on C2S servers.
* Work and collaborate with the application development team to ensure coordinated deployment of code updates to the production system.
* Assist development lead(s) with elicitation of end user requirements.
* Communicate with customer system owner and end users to schedule system maintenance.
* Configure and test network communications with 3rd party systems owners to enable data transfer and collection.
* Expected to actively learn the environment in which the software solution will operate in order to articulate risks and constraints.
* Understand their technical strengths and weaknesses, and works well in isolation (with peer review) on areas of strength and seeks subject matter expertise in growth areas.
* Must have a strong understanding of software and Operating Systems fundamentals and feels comfortable applying knowledge toward development efforts on Linux systems.
* Review and analyze technical documentation from Linux and other products to gain understanding for software solutions that interact with components within these systems, but also seeks to reverse engineer components to reveal undocumented areas of interest.
* Bachelor's degree, professional, or personal experience in the following disciplines: Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Systems, or Computer Science. Please apply if you do not have a degree as some of our best hires are self-taught.
* Expertise, or passion to become an expert, in Linux operating system internals, systems administration, and bash/python scripting.
* Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) fundamentals for EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, S3, and EBS.
* Working knowledge of web services configuration and administration using Apache, WSGI, and PostgreSQL.
* Must be a U.S. citizen and hold a current top secret government security clearance or must be able to obtain a government security clearance to be considered.
* Ideal candidates will exhibit our core values: Passion, Capacity, and Humility.
* Passion for the customers and mission we serve.
* Capacity to learn and grow into a technical leader.
* Humility to learn from others and treat others with respect.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.