Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
* System Administrators provide support maintaining the infrastructure and software
* Administration of Windows systems and components
* Responsible for system security and data integrity
* Monitors and defines the use of resources and works with management to define requests for information
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs and utility scripts; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes
* Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
* Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values
* Monitors for any software changes
* Day-to-day operations of software, patching using WSUS, monitoring, and access maintenance providing user support for authorized systems access.
* Performs and/or oversees daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
* Performs and/or oversees daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
* Performs OS and Systems updates
* Subject matter expert in one of a few fields related to the support of Windows operating systems and supporting COTS software
* Work with System Engineers and other System Administrators to solve complex problems that affect multiple infrastructure components or software products, specifically when they are components and products to which they are not the subject matter expert
* U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
* Active Secret Security Clearance
* CompTIA Security+ or Network+
* IAT Level 2 certifications (DoDI 8510.01) including CompTIA Security+ or Network+ within the first month of employment
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012 R2
* PowerShell scripting capabilities
* Active Directory knowledge to include User and Group management, Group Policy management, deployment, troubleshooting experience
* Experience managing Navy computer network systems
* Windows Configuring in virtual environments, to include PowerShell, VBScript, batch or some other Windows-specific scripting experience
* Additional Experience supporting IIS, SQL, SSL, PKI environments a plus
* Additional Experience supporting Milestone XProtect, Lenel OnGuard, CNL IPSecurityCenter COTS products a plus
Must have secret security clearance.
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.