Perform a wide variety of IT-related activities that support the daily operations of Cerus US and Europe.
Systems and Network Administration:
* Maintain and enhance a wide array of computer, network and telecommunication systems that comprise our multi-site IT infrastructure.
* Perform administrative and maintenances activities for enterprise applications.
* Perform configuration management and monitoring of all data center equipment.
* Administer a wide variety Windows based network services/AD, VMware, Storage (SAN and NAS), UCS, SQL server, SSO integration, Okta, O365.
* Microsoft Exchange Administration, Office 365-Hybrid, Migration strategies.
* Monitor and Maintain backups for both US and BV systems using EMC Networker. Collaborate with IT team for disaster recovery planning and implementation.
* Active Directory Policy management - develop workstation and user-based policies to implement the security and access rules as determined appropriate.
* Collaborate on network infrastructure and security projects and support day-to-day operations.
* Guard against viruses, malware, intrusions and other threats through the development and implementation of network, server and endpoint protection measures.
* VoIP system administration and performance tuning.
* Contribute to the design, implementation and support of Cerus' network landscape.
* Collaborate with 3 rd party vendors and consultants on projects and trouble tickets.
* Support SOX compliance through diligent adherence to change control procedures and rigorous documentation practices.
* Evaluate new technologies and make technical assessments and recommendations.
* Participate in development of IT initiatives.
* 24 x 7 Support - Off hours response/support may be required
* Participate in on call schedule
Support Help Desk Operations
* Support the day-to-day operations of the IT help desk including: monitoring help requests, assigning tasks to appropriate queue or other IT staff, escalating and resolving incidents in a timely manner, following up with customers and ensuring service level agreements are met.
* Make recommendations to improve user support and help desk operations.
* Guide any junior-level staff, temporary personnel or consultants that provide help-desk-related service.
* Provide online assistance to Cerus employees that are working remotely.
* Provide escalation support for IT issues that affect Cerus BV employees.
* Deploy and support end user systems, including but not limited to: desktop and laptop computers, smartphones, tablets and assorted peripherals.
* AS degree in computer science or equivalent.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in working in an IT environment with a broad scope of knowledge ranging from help desk operations, system administration to network routing and switching.
* Ability to train and provide guidance to lower level staff members.
* Well versed in Windows server and workstation operating systems.
* Experienced with virtualization and storage technologies.
* Experienced troubleshooting wired and wireless networks, for both data and voice.
* Ability to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
* Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Excellent customer service skills; team oriented.
* Strong verbal communication; interpersonal skills, negotiation and influence skills.
* Ability to operate with a high-degree of ownership and focus on key objectives.
* Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities.
* Highly organized; able to prioritize multiple tasks.
Cerus is a biomedical products company focused in the field of blood safety.