At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies - especially their HR teams - better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture - all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We're a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions - enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for administration and availability of all Tech Operations systems. This person will install, configure, perform software upgrades and maintenance, and complete other tech-related projects. This person is responsible for maintaining system availability and resolving daily incidents. As a member of Paylocity's Tech Operations team, this person would be looked upon as a resource for all areas of technology. Our Tech Operations department enjoys finding the right tool for the job, so we use a combination of commercial, open source, and custom-built solutions. Our team's unique structure allows each member the freedom to perform tasks in their own way. Because we manage a wide variety of systems, one will rarely be locked into working on a single task. Additionally, each Tech Operations member is encouraged to grow in experience and technical knowledge by pursuing certifications and experimenting with new technology.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
* Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
* Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
* Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
* Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
How we work:
* Small, self-sufficient teams with an entrepreneurial spirit
* Dedicated Tech Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools
* We don't add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
* Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
* Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
* Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams
What we offer:
* Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
* A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
* A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
* 5+ years of hands-on administration in AD/Windows environments
* MCSE 2008 or 2012 certification or equivalent skillset
* Experience with Active Directory in a multi-site and/or multi-domain environment
* Experience with IIS, along with strong knowledge of HTTPS and load-balancing
* Experience with SQL, working knowledge of clustering, monitoring, backups, and basic queries
* Experience with installation/configuration of Exchange 2010 and above
* Experience with Linux operating systems a plus
* Solid understanding of Microsoft CRM & SharePoint support and architecture
* Solid understanding of backups, monitoring (SCOM, ELK preferred), and security best practices
* Working knowledge of networking and virtualization
* Excellent communication and documentation skills are a must
* Proven ability to work collaboratively within an Agile Development environment
* Ability to multitask, while still meeting ticket and project deadlines
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* A strong love of learning and a willingness to take on new challenges
* Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
* 0 - 5% travel required annually
During the last three months, you would have:
* Managed multiple large-scale IIS and SQL environments with strict uptime and performance requirements
* Setup, configured or supported Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, and other Microsoft applications across multiple logical and physical sites
* Presented technical changes to a Change Advisory board
* Administered or have familiarity with SIP-based phone system
* Partnered with business units to collaborate on tools and solutions
* Worked with a development team(s) to drive efficiencies or develop solutions
* Ensured continuous health of systems through monitoring/alerting tools
* Setup backup and replication jobs, verify success and conduct regular testing
* Created and updated PowerShell scripts to automate manual processes
* Participated in on-call rotation and perform off-hours work as needed
* Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014 and 2017
* 9-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
* Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
* Ranked #13 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2016
* Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
* Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
* Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there's no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
* Competitive pay
* Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
* Flexible work hours
* Paid Parental Leave
* Ample volunteer opportunities and events
* Health and wellness program
* Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, "We" is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is a company providing cloud-based payroll and human capital management software solutions.