Position is a field position with up to 75% travel. Applicant must be willing to travel, live near an airport, and be a self motivator. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repair, installation, and customer training on Motorola Land Mobile Radio Products. This equipment includes Conventional, Trunking, Simulcast, Analog and Digital technologies.
* Will have a detailed understanding of Motorola systems permitting the individual to assist in the design, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Motorola's various product lines.
* Will be able to verbalize and communicate concepts and recommendations to the customer and within other Motorola organizations.
* Will be able to coordinate projects in the field and successfully implement and complete these projects.
* Will have detailed understanding of networking including the OSI Model. Understand how OSI Layer 2 and 3 networks apply to backhaul connectivity.
* Will have a thorough understanding of RSS/CPS software and how to program subscribers.
* Will have a thorough understanding of Network Management applications and how to configure devices in a 7.x Zone Core.
* Install, optimize and maintain new radio voice and data systems
* Directly Interface with Systems Support Center, Dispatch Operations, Product Groups, System Engineering, System Integration and third party contractors.
* Responsible for insuring the Terms and Conditions of the warranty/maintenance contact are met. This may include but not limited to: System Service, Configuration Management, Site Management, User Support Service, Vendor Management, and Operational Assessment. Coordinate service activities and ensure compliance to all contractual requirements including response/restoration time commitment.
Individual must have a superior knowledge of the following: Motorola Conventional, Astro 25 Express, SmartZone, MCC 7500 Console systems, Analog and ASTRO Digital infrastructure technologies, and installation procedures. The applicant must have excellent networking skills. CompTIA Security+ and Network+ certification preferred or must be obtained within first year of hire date. Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Service Software products. Applicant must have excellent communication skills. Applicant must be A US citizen and be able to obtain the necessary government security clearance as determined by project assignment.
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.