* Position is a field position with up to 75% travel. Applicant must be willing to travel, live near an airport, and be a self motivator. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repair, installation, and customer training on Motorola Land Mobile Radio Products. This equipment includes Conventional, Trunking, Simulcast, Analog and Digital technologies.
* Will have a detailed understanding of Motorola systems permitting the individual to assist in the design, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Motorola's various product lines.
* Will be able to verbalize and communicate concepts and recommendations to the customer and within other Motorola organizations.
* Will be able to coordinate projects in the field and successfully implement and complete these projects
* Will have detailed understanding of networking including the OSI Model. Understand how OSI Layer 2 and 3 networks apply to backhaul connectivity.
* Will have a thorough understanding of RSS/CPS software and how to program subscribers.
* Will have a thorough understanding of Network Management applications and how to configure devices in a 7.x Zone Core.
* Install, optimize and maintain new radio voice and data systems
* Directly Interface with Systems Support Center, Dispatch Operations, Product Groups, System Engineering, System Integration and third party contractors. Responsible for insuring the Terms and Conditions of the warranty/maintenance contact are met. This may include but not limited to: System Service, Configuration Management, Site Management, User Support Service, Vendor Management, and Operational Assessment. Coordinate service activities and ensure compliance to all contractual requirements including response/restoration time commitment.
* Individual must have a superior knowledge of the following: Motorola Conventional, Astro 25 Express, SmartZone, MCC 7500 Console systems, Analog and ASTRO Digital infrastructure technologies, and installation procedures.
* The applicant must have excellent networking skills.
* CompTIA Security+ and Network+ certification preferred or must be obtained within first year of hire date.
* Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Service Software products.
* Applicant must have excellent communication skills.
* Applicant must be A US citizen and be able to obtain the necessary government security clearance as determined by project assignment.
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.