SYSTEMS SPECIALIST; Global Operations and Security
The Systems Specialist will manage, control, support, and provide technical and managerial oversight for technical IT systems projects for supporting the Global Operations Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to system health monitoring, administrative programming, deploying system upgrades, new installations, integrations, data management, system functionality, compliance with department policies, and creating training programs for users within the department.
The Systems Specialist must have demonstrated current project and systems management experience. This position requires a forward thinker who can conceive of and contribute strategic ideas to move the Global Operations technology program forward. The candidate will be required to coordinate the maintenance, use, and dissemination of mission information at various program office locations/sites around the country and internationally. The candidate will also be responsible for managing enterprise-wide projects, upgrades as well as local administrative support for various systems.
This position will be located in Boston, MA. Limited travel (mostly within the US and some international) is required approximately 15 percent of the time.
* Comply with and enforce all corporate policies.
* Required broad technical skills in IT systems and infrastructures.
* Specific experience with integrated security systems like Software House/cCure, Everbridge, Victor Client, Alertus, etc.
* Experience with hosted systems like Social Media Monitoring, Traveler Tracker systems, Asset Monitoring, Visitor Management System, etc.
* CCTV systems including licensing and video wall management.
* Systems Integrator vendor management.
* Digital Radio and repeater maintenance.
* Manage service calls and overall daily operations.
* Data Management and responsible for metric gathering, Ad Hoc reporting, and generating data for project support.
* Maintain successful collaboration and daily working relationship with GIS department.
* Manage Security Systems in the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). Train GSOC staff to optimize Security Systems use.
* Research and find new up-to-date solutions as technology advances
* Keep technical specs up to date.
* Proficiency with building monitoring (BMS) and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
* Ability to conduct/facilitate executive and technical briefings.
* Ability to train others and formalize training programs
* Must demonstrable strong verbal and written skills.
* Requires excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with project staff, vendors, contractors and local emergency response personnel.
* Superior documentation and presentation skills are a must.
* History of working openly and collaboratively with various departments providing outstanding customer service with accurate and timely status updates and reports.
* Experience in use of Microsoft Office tools is a must.
* Deliver services applying the company's CORE values.
* Participate in corporate objectives and strategies.
* Actively participate in corporate trainings and awareness trainings.
* Support business development and account expansion.
* Understand and manage to project scope.
* Be aware of and manage to contract specific requirements.
* Responsible for project forecasting and managing to forecast/budget.
* Required to provide weekly status updates to next level manager to include accomplishments, activities in progress, planned & upcoming activities, status of deliverables, meetings/conferences/ presentations, issues/problems/questions, and support needed from manager or corporate.
* High school diploma and 6+ years of experience in managing, global, integrated, security, enterprise, systems and 3+ years project management experience;
* Or a Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in managing, global, integrated, security, enterprise, systems and 3+ years project management experience
College degree and/or five plus years' experience in a multinational corporate setting.
About Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is focused on the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of serious diseases.