A System Reliability Engineer (SRE) is responsible for availability, performance, and capacity of large-scale distributed systems. This role combines Software and Systems Engineering to develop creative solutions to solve challenges in a more efficient, reliable, and automated way.
The mindset of an ADP SRE is that of curiosity, problem solving, and has a passion for improving quality. SRE's automate manual processes, are proactive with identifying future problems, and ensure existing solutions operate to specification. Does this sound like you?
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
* Design and Develop API's, Modules, Frameworks, and Systems that support scale through automation.
* Design and develop system and software architectures to promote efficiency in a large distributed ecosystem.
* Participate in incident responses, then design/develop remedial solutions.
* Proactive engagement of IT Partners to understand, collaborate, and present alternative solutions to improve product reliability.
* 5+ years of software engineering experience working with large distributed systems.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with Windows, IIS, .NET
* Able to work independently on complex analysis, design, and implementation of large-scale distributed solutions.
* Define enhancement specifications through collaboration sessions and architecture context diagrams.
* Expertise with Software Engineering which includes but not limited to Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns, and API development in multiple languages, including Java, Python, and Shell.
* Strong understanding of SQL and Table Design.
* Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, configuration management, and automated testing in a virtualized/containerized environment.
* Strong understanding of infrastructure (virtualization, operating systems, load balancers, web stacks, databases, storage solutions, and networking.)
* Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive. at companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in deliWe believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.vering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help emploer the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
* Fundamental knowledge of AWS and/or other Cloud platforms.
* Experience with designing, implementing and supporting Docker and Kubernetes platforms.
* Experience troubleshooting and tuning Linux, Windows, and Java JVM's.
* Experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
* Experience with writing Splunk queries and dashboards.
* Experience Designing a Continuous Integration and Delivery model with products like Jenkins to ensure delivery of new content is fully automatable with pipelines that do automated integration and functional testing.
* Strong understanding of application and system monitoring using blackbox and whitebox techniques.
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
ADP (Automatic Data Processing) is a company providing business process outsourcing services.