We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
Arm is looking for a system performance modeling and analysis architect to join the enterprise performance team. In this role you will work closely with IP and systems teams across Arm to help define high-performance systems incorporating current and next generation arm processors, scalable coherent interconnects, and high-bandwidth memory controllers.
What will I be accountable for?
* Modeling, analysis, and correlation: Performance modeling and analysis at IP and system level to identify new performance features and system performance bottlenecks using performance and RTL models starting from product definition phase through release. Generate and correlate projections for appropriate workloads for partners to help internal and external customers identify optimal design points of a system.
* Partner engagement and mentorship: Engage with internal and external partners through all stages of the product in establishing high confidence in Arm product performance. Work with other teams at Arm to deliver performance collateral through analysis and correlation for evolving new usages and workloads
* Subsystem model configurations: Create and maintain consistent IP and system model configurations for use by our partners that deliver the best performance
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
* A BS/MS (Bachelors, Masters) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with a strong computer architecture, microarchitecture, performance modeling, and performance correlation background with 3-5 years' experience in performance modeling and analysis of processors/interconnect/caches/memory controllers. A Ph.D. with relevant experience would meet the requirements as well.
* Strong at C++ programming for large-scale software development and experience with RTL/emulation performance analysis and correlation
* Perl or Python scripting language skills
* Knowledge of Verilog, System Verilog, and testbenches, experience interacting with RTL/emulation design, verification and architecture teams across multiple products
* Knowledge of SystemC Transaction Level Modeling would be a plus
* Excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and willingness to learn and contribute
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Awards
* 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
* Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
* Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
* Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
* Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
* Holidays, 13 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
* Sick Leave, 7 days per year
* Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
* Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
* Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
ARM Holdings designs microprocessors, physical intellectual property, and related technology and software.