Seeking motivated candidates who want to work in a fast paced and unique job environment where you can truly make an impact in the world today. Are interested in some challenging and technical work or if you just want to be a part of something bigger than you? Then this could be a perfect fit for your next job or maybe even the start of an exciting and brand new career.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
* Sets up administrator and service accounts.
* Maintains system documentation
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* May program in an administrative language.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Some positions may require an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Benefits of this Position:
* Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.