Viasat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels; and empowering international warfighters on the front lines of battle with real-time, secure internet-based intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for high-requirement missions. We deliver and protect information - when and where it is needed most - with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure, and services.
In this Systems Integration Lead position, you will be working on DoD programs and projects that provide complete turnkey systems to support command and control, surveillance, intelligence, weapon status, and situational awareness communications. You will work with multidisciplinary teams (RF, digital hardware, mechanical, and software) in the development, integration, and deployment of terminals and systems. You will be responsible for the development and execution of system integration plans; the identification, documentation, and troubleshooting of problems, as well as the verification of potential solutions.
* Represent Viasat as I&T lead to customer, development partners, and Viasat management
* Generate accurate and timely weekly status materials for customer and internal updates and discussions
* Clearly articulate status, issues, and proposed resolutions to customer, development partners, and Viasat management
* Generate project plans including work/cost estimates and schedules
* Pro-actively manage team execution
* Make programmatic/resource/staff/cost/schedule tradeoffs and adjustments as needed to hold program schedule and cost targets
* Coordinate system level HW and lab assets to meet program goals
* Ensure accurate and timely compliance to contract deliverables
* 8+ years systems experience in DoD programs
* Experience in integration and testing systems including a multi-disciplinary environment
* Demonstrated track record of management from proposal and negotiations through acceptance testing, including digital RF, software, programmable logic aspect
* Familiarity in architecting or designing systems in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Demonstrated track record in Special Test Equipment development, including capacity planning
* Demonstrated track record of test organization design, staffing, and leadership
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
* US government position. US citizenship required
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
* Travel up to 10%
* Knowledge/Experience with Link-16 networks
* Understanding or experience with RF systems and equipment
* Experience with test automation development
* Knowledge of test and development tools such as Ixia, IxChariot, Jira, Perforce, and DOORS
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
8 plus years
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Active United States Secret Clearance
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.