At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a System Integration Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will perform Hands on Integration of HW and SW systems responsible for the development and implementation of software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
* Performance analysis, design verification, test requirements analysis, system integration, integration planning and execution.
* Reviews and evaluates test requirements to ensure completeness of test program; Performs analysis of integration results and prepares comprehensive reports; Uses modeling and simulation tools to expedite testing of subsystems before all system components are available, for integration and identification of defects.
* Synthesizes internal and external customer needs and requirements into integration procedures
* Ensure consistency and quality of software products
* Develop integration plans/procedures
* Act as a resourceful point of contact for both the test team and development teams
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's
* An active in-scope DoD Top Secret clearance.
* The ability to obtain program access.
* Integration experience
* Experience in requirements review and evaluation to ensure completeness of test program; Analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive reports.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
* Familiarity with:
* Scripting languages, messaging protocols like DDS and JMS and Web Services (SOA and Rest).
* Linux/Solaris systems with basic commands.
* Developing/integrating enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment.
* Object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD).
* Developing software / writing code in Java, C , C# or other OOP languages.
* Understanding of unit testing, including path, line, and bound coverage.
* Availability to work second shift as needed and to support a 25% travel schedule
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.